I made a Camas top this week as part of Thread Theory’s sew-along, it’s been really nice to get into the habit of sewing for an hour or so a night, and I’m really pleased with the results.
The fabric I used is a fairly thin viscose jersey, I chose it because it drapes really nicely, something which is suggested for the Camas top. In the second picture it looks like it has a sheen to it, which it does, but only in some lights. I made the top without any adjustments except for sewing the placket together at the front and adding fake buttons. I think this was a good choice, since it’s got enough stretch to not need the buttons, and it avoids any possibility of gaping.
I really enjoyed making the pattern, the instruction booklet was easy enough to follow on it’s own, but I liked having the extra pictures from the sew-along as well. My favourite bit is definitely the gathered yokes, it adds a really nice bit of sophistication and interest to the front, but this pattern was always going to be a winner for me since it’s smart-ish while still being comfortable!
Already, I’ve got some ideas for more Camas tops brewing, I’d like to make one with contrast yolks and also I’d really like to make a cardigan in thicker jersey knit. The only really fitting adjustment I think I need to make is to make the shoulders narrower as I think the extra fabric there is pulling the yokes down at the side.