So, I haven’t had any time in the second half of 2016 to blog as I’ve been studying for my Masters in Computing Science. However, I want to look towards 2017 and plan out what I want to sew.
- Lane Raglan by Hey June. I already have this pattern and I made a trial t-shirt and it came up way too small, but I still have some sweatshirt knit I want to use so I’m going to print it off again in a larger size and hopefully it will work.
- Santa Fe by Hey June. I’d been contemplating buying this pattern since it came out, and I finally got it yesterday. I have some striped jersey and some jersey with cats on which I think would both be perfect for this top.
- Lark by Grainline. I know, three jersey tops, but that is basically all I wear most days. I haven’t bought this yet, so it’ll be the last one of these I make, but I’m intrigued by all the sleeve and neckline combinations.
- Lush by Tin Can Knits. This year, I’ve seen so many versions of this and they all look lovely so I think I will knit myself one in 2017.
- Breathing Space by Veera Valimaki.
- Hooray by
- Turner by Cashmerette. I actually haven’t sewn any Cashmerette patterns yet, which is ridiculous since they should suit my body type. I think the Turner dress will be the perfect one to start with as I’m always on the lookout for nice jersey dress patterns.
- M6884 by McCall’s. I have a jersey faux wrap dress which I wear all the time, so I want to make one similar. I would make the Cashmerette wrap dress but I want one which doesn’t have a wrap skirt, so I think this McCall’s pattern will be the one I use.
- Upton by Cashmerette. This pattern has everything that scares me with sewing: invisible zips, linings, fitted bodices, gored or pleated skirts. I think once I’ve finished my degree though, it will be a nice project for me, and the Cashmerette sew along looks very thorough.
This list is almost entirely jersey based, but that’s what I like wearing at the moment, and as I’m not going to finish my degree until September I think that will be the majority of what I have time to sew!